Monday 30 April 2012

ANSWERS - Literary Closing Lines QUIZ

Below are answers to Closing Lines QUIZ.  Congratulations for getting more than 1 or 2 correct answers, as the quiz is rather difficult.  Opening Lines are generally more recognized than Closing Lines.  Thank you for taking the challenge, nonetheless.  You have an active curiosity!

  1. "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."  (A Tale of Two Cities, Dickens)
  2. "A LAST NOTE FROM YOUR NARRATOR. I am haunted by humans."  (Book Thief, Zusak)
  3. "I lingered round them, under that benign sky; watched the moths fluttering among the heath, and hare-bells; listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass; and wondered how anyone could ever imagine unquiet slumbers, for the sleepers in that quiet earth."  (Wuthering Heights, Bronte)
  4. "For all to be accomplished, for me to feel less lonely, all that remained to hope was that on the day of my execution there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should greet me with howls of execration."  (The Stranger, Camus)
  5. “That might be the subject of a new story, but our present story is ended."  (Crime & Punishment, Dostoevsky)
  6. "I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she's going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can't stand it. I been there before."  (Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Twain)
  7. “Yes.” (Ulysses, Joyce)

No comments:

Post a Comment